Morning call

"I think I'll like you..."
He looks at the boy with amusement while saying this. The reaction is completely, as expected, of a surprised human being. What was he saying?

"I think I will be able to love you" repeats.

The client looks at the boy with confusion. He just had a job interview call, and being ditched because of not knowing how to drive was... well, devastating. He was in no mood for stupid jokes.

"Excuse me, sir, but could you please return to the bar? There are still some that need to be atended" pointed out with his thumb. It was really annoying to see a man who had a job slacking off, while he was trying to make ends meet. The irony.

The waiter smiled.

"My turn is almost over. Those clients need to wait for my coworker, so we're fine"

The other one frowned. Why was he picking him? He just wanted to be alone and proccess another rejection.

"Could you please go change please? And go home. You'll probably feel better, rather tan trying to bother me..."

The waiter was the one to be surprised this time.

"You...!" said with his mouth totally open "I can't believe this"

"What"

"I mean it okay" told him while sitting on the chair in front of him. "I truly mean what I said. Sorry for being so spontaneous, is just... that I see you everyday, and I feel like I've taken a liking to you".

The client listened to his words and then remained silent. He actually remembered him? Well he usually spent all monday afternoons on that bar, so... he wasn't lying at that part, that for sure. But liking, he wasn't so sure. It was smelly to state liking someone when you haven't have any real conversation before.



Comments